A brave pilot attempts to break the warp 10 barrier, but at what cost! A musical tale of jealousy, personal evolution, bad coffee and drama at infinite speed. And sex. And lizards. Engage!
I remembered that Elite Force was build with the Q3A engine, which I have often worked with. This engine has a particularly open design, it is really easy to get to the textures – something 10 year old me would have been surprised and delighted about.
So I downloaded the demo, dug a bit, threw some imagemagick in, and here we go: Continue reading “Scraping Elite Force”
I made this video to promote our new science fiction podcast:
The sound is an outtake from our other podcast. At the moment we talk over skype, but both record an audio track. To improve the re-syncing in post production we had the glorious idea to facilitate some sort of makeshift clapperboard: we would both clap at the count of three!
Turns out, there is a substantial delay in skype connections (it must be over 300ms) that you usually don’t notice unless… you try to do something in sync. I imagine singing together over Skype is impossible?
By the way – I did notice that while superficially Skype seems to emulate a real life coversation, the delay and other audiovisual artifacts does affect the… flow of conversation: we tend to speak over each other more frequently; punchlines work differently.
For the visuals I went back… not as far as ’95 – which is where I believe the classic Windows screensaver “Starfield” originated – but I had a weird retro-inception what-the-hell-am-I-doing moment when capturing an old Windows XP virtual machine that I forced to preview a screensaver. I guess one could run the VM full screen through a CRT…
Are you a grumpy old man and as annoyed by yellow-faced fake-unicode smileys as I am? A while back I made a oneliner that puts un-replaceable, un-shortenable, un-compactible, un-improvable strings of (semi)colons and various parentheses into my clipboard to paste into comment boxes and chats.
Tired of copying and pasting that oneliner every time I’m in need of :), I just added a collection of premade special-stringy-smileys – example output, so to (technically) speak.
GitHub’s Gist editor helpfully highlights unprintable characters, including the Zero-Width Non-Joiner character I use to keep : and ) apart. And bingo, they show up as red ·s;, or, more aptly, as god damn clown noses, showing me what I am for going through all this hassle to get oldschool text-faces from the good old days – a clown. A sad clown.
But, come on, they’re super handy, so here you go, fellow grumps: :) ;) :( :D :P
Data collected from the recycle bin of our blog
Selbstgemachte Audioexperimente, teilweise geremixtes Gefundenes, Chipmunked Rap, schöne Musik.
Links: Info / Quellen / Musik
- BTC motif: Genauere Beschreibung folgt. Vorerstmal mein Happy Birthday in der Blockchain (erster Eintrag)
- Do not regret the decision / I collected very interesting content
- Girls Rituals via Homoground
- Weather Warlock via Olivia
- “Sinclair’s ‘Local News’ script is the same the across USA” via jwz
- Young Quakers Podcast via u. a. The Guardian
Can’t make it to the studio? Do it remotely!
This HowTo is a gist, fork it! Or read it over there, the formatting is rather nice.
“really silly but drawn from the heart”
I run around Leipzig’s annual Comics & Graphics Festival and interview artists, publishers, with the help of co-host Rick and Hilmar running the board.
- cartoonist / illustrator James Turek talks about his collection of QSL cards
- artist and book maker Adrian Rötzscher represents Tiny Splendor, a collective publishing press from Berkley and LA
- cartoonist / graphic designer Herman Breda Enkerud from Oslo represents Narves 1 Biblioteket a small press and event hub
- illustrator / graphic designer Andy Gädt talks mostly about upscale tabloid Gala, but represents Leipzig’s Pajama Party Kollektiv
- co-host Rick interviews artist Margot Ferrick and Raigne Hogan of 2dcloud
- lost in the static: an interview with comics artist Julia Böhme of Paper Nuts Collective
TMC music set
- The Millionaires Club
- James, again, for the cover art
- Co-Host Rick
- Hilmar & Radio Blau Buchmesse Spezial
Dear colleagues and friends, please expect amusing/entertaining video of me wanking in your inbox, soon.
I have two accounts at tumblr and each of the e-mail addresses received its own entertaining/amusing ransom demand.
Seriously though, no entry for “wanking” in your thesaurus?
UPDATE: Your collection is very interesting / I’ve put together a very interesting collection about you (2×)
So I got three more of these! Continue reading “Do not regret the decision / I collected very interesting content”